Monday, June 2, 2014

When a chore becomes second nature

I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but if I was to look back at my health & fitness journey (11 months and counting) and pinpoint the thing that I'm most proud of, it would be this: going to the gym becoming part of my routine.  Put another way, I am so proud of getting to a point where I genuinely want to go to the gym.  Even better, I need to go to the gym.  I had a pretty indulgent weekend; it was my best friend's bachelorette and indulging was par for the course.  I drank, I ate, I partied.  As a result I felt sick, bloated, and my immune system was shot.  I got back home from the debauchery yesterday afternoon and you know what I did yesterday evening?  I went to the gym.  Going "off-track" or indulging food-wise could've made me feel like I'd failed, but I hadn't, and I still really wanted to go to the gym.

I woke up this morning feeling totally under the weather.  I very seriously contemplated calling in sick... I even had my sick day email drafted up, but then I thought of how much I wanted to get done and how lame I felt at taking a sick day after a bachelorette weekend.  So, I powered through, crushed up vitamins in my smoothie, and went to work.  The day went great - I made a point of eating really nutritious food and drinking lots of water - and then you know what I did?  I went to the gym again after work for my regular Monday Body Pump class.  I may not feel 100%, but I feel pretty great, and I have a feeling that with more vitamin C and a good sleep, I'll feel even better.  My, how I have changed!

No comments:

Who's visiting?