Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sugar & Gravy Movie Mania #2

I saw 3 (count them: 1...2...3!!!) movies this weekend.

#1: "The Science of Sleep" (or La Science des reves)
This wasn't the first time I saw this flick, but it was the first time I saw it in a certain state of being, if you know what I mean. It's a beautiful and fantastical film and Gael Garcia Bernal is phenomenal - he plays a man who inverts dreams and reality, which has an impact on his love life. It's a great movie - highly recommended by me!
Rating = 4.7/5.0

#2: "The Bucket List"
Really cute movie with some tear-jerker scenes for sure. Not much more than that, I'd say.
Rating = 3.9/5.0

#3: "I'm Reed Fish"
Very cool film. My sister and I picked it up mostly because of two of the lead roles - Jay Baruchel (who you may know from "Knocked Up", or a Canadian favourite, "Popular Mechanics for Kids") and Schuyler Fisk. Ms. Fisk is an AWESOME singer and she shows off some of her own songs on the soundtrack as well as during the course of the film (she's also Kristy from "The Baby-Sitter's Club"). The story is also really cool - original and uncoventional, albeit a little choppy at points.
Rating = 4.2/5.0

That's all for now!

No comments:

Who's visiting?