Thursday, September 17, 2009

Blown FAR away!

I had to at least say SOMETHING right after the Regina Spektor concert. It was tonight in Toronto at the Sound Academy and I went with my GF and it was ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC.

I'm exhausted, but here are some highlights...
  • She sang "Bobbing for Apples" which has one of my most favourite lyrics ever: "Someone next door's fucking to one of my songs".
  • She practically (if not completely) sang the entirety of her new album, "Far". It may have even been in order for the most part.
  • Her encore was "Samson", "Us", "Fidelity", "Hotel Song", and a country-ish one that I may or may not have recognized. Regardless, she KILLED the encore with some (relative) oldies.
  • She played "Poor Little Rich Boy", which was one of the first 3 Regina songs I ever heard ("Samson" and "Carbon Monoxide" were the other two).
The night was a TOTAL blast, but Sound Academy is not my fave venue. It's crowded, narrow, and I've heard better acoustics. Furthermore, it's in the middle of nowhere! I'd much prefer Kool Haus or, as the GF suggested, a solid venue like Massey Hall. I saw Adele there and it was a way better experience when you're seeing a singer/songwriter with such pipes, you know?

ANYWAY - bed time!

No comments:

Who's visiting?