Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Resolutions

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!

Whatever holiday you do or don't celebrate, I hope you've had a fantastic season! Mine has been filled with love, friends, family, food, gifts, and a lot of laughter (and some relaxation). I have no complaints at all!

I've been sort of too busy running around seeing friends to read much, but I did finish the 6th HP book, and I really enjoyed it! I remember finishing the book before, but I really didn't remember much of the content. I'm excited to read the 7th though, because I know I haven't read that one before. Since I wasn't able to read the 7th in time for the movie, I'm not in a huge rush to get to it, as long as I read it before the 2nd part of the 7th movie. So, before I get to HP7, I'm trying another one of the books lent to me by a woman I just met, called Bel Canto by Ann Patchett. I'm 8 pages in, and loving it already!

So, Reading Challenge #2 was to read 8 books by December 31st, and 50% had to be fiction. I've achieved one of the goals as every book I've read in this challenge has been fiction, but I don't think I'll read two books before the deadline. No matter! My plan is to let Reading Challenge #2 seamlessly lead into my next challenge...

Reading Challenge #3 (RC-3): I challenge myself to read a minimum of 20 books in 2011. There are no stipulations about fiction or non-fiction, it's just about reading 20. I was going to make it 24 (2/month), but I want to give myself some wiggle room. I very well may read 30, but 20 is a nice solid number to be proud of, so that's the goal! The final two that I read for RC-2 may be included in RC-3.

Reading Challenge #2 - Update:

  1. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
  2. Franny and Zooey
  3. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
  4. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
  5. By Nightfall
  6. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

No comments:

Who's visiting?