Thursday, January 19, 2012

rc-3: Concluded


I'm ashamed to say that more than having not completed rc-3 a.k.a. Reading Challenge III, I completely lost track of it. To be frank, I don't care that I didn't "complete" it. The most important thing is the fact that I'm reading and challenging myself to read more. And I read 17 books in 2011, which is not too shabby at all. However, I'm bummed that I can't say for sure which books I read in the last part of the year. For example, I believe it was 17 in total, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, it really doesn't matter. Here's what I think I read in 2011.
  1. Bel Canto by Ann Patchett
  2. The Girls by Lori Lansens
  3. Live from New York by Tom Shales & James Andrew Miller
  4. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  5. The Divinity Gene by Matthew J. Trafford
  6. 38 Witnesses: The Kitty Genovese Case by A.M. Rosenthal
  7. I Met the Walrus by Jerry Levitan
  8. Saturday by Ian McEwan
  9. Bossypants by Tina Fey
  10. Animal Farm by George Orwell
  11. No Great Mischief by Alistair MacLeod
  12. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
  13. The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell
  14. A Million Little Pieces by James Frey
  15. The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway
  16. Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom
  17. Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason by Helen Fielding
So, not bad at all, really. I read a few classics (Animal Farm and The Old Man and the Sea), a few silly reads (Bossypants and Bridget Jones Deux), a bit of non-fiction (Live from New York, 38 Witnesses, I Met the Walrus, The Tipping Point, and Tuesdays with Morrie), and the rest my beloved fiction (65%). I'd say it was a good year.

I'm currently reading David Sedaris' When You Are Engulfed in Flames and Malcolm Gladwell's What the Dog Saw.

I thought I'd already revealed rc-4, but it appears not. Next time I will!

2 comments:

Katie F-T said...

I have RCs from high school and I just keep adding books to the list. It is a constant source of anxiety for me. WHY CAN'T I JUST READ 102 BOOKS IN A MONTH??!!? I had an outrageous reading list once and set the goal of the end of summer. Sean worked out the amount of books per day, and it was 4. What a joke. Now I am aware that I can neither finish my list or do simple computations.

M.S. said...

Hahahahah 4 books/day. I keep it reasonable and realistic. I get the sense that reading 15+ books/year is way above average... perhaps the international average, haha!!!

Who's visiting?