Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Books & Driving

Classic... what is it about blogging about stuff that leads to action for me?  I blogged about my shameful secret (not being able to drive) and within that year I had my license and a car.

Now, I blog about the fact that the reading challenges mattered, and within one month (to the day), I've more than doubled the number of books I've read this year.

A month ago when I wrote that post, I'd read two books:
Grace by Grace Coddington
The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb

Since then, I've read:
Onward by Howard Schultz
Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk by David Sedaris
Quiet by Susan Cain

Granted, I was already halfway through Onward and Quiet, but no matter!  It's progress!

So I'm going to keep on reading, and maybe I'll even hit my "secret goal" of reading 20 books this year.  We shall see!


Speaking of all this, I have my driving test to get my full "G" license tomorrow.  Wish me luck!  Apparently all I need to do to achieve my goals is blog about them.

No comments:

Who's visiting?