Friday, May 31, 2013

My (Proposed) Newfoundland Itinerary

Readers & Friends: I don't think I've mentioned yet that I'm going to Newfoundland a week from today.  My girlfriend K. is already there for a 6-week program, but the funny thing is that I'm not going only to visit her.  The beautiful universe has made it so that I'm going to St. John's next Friday for a 3-day conference (paid for by work!), and tacking on a 6-day personal vacation during which I can visit with K. and see the one province I've never been to.  I can't wait!!!

Have you been to Newfoundland?  I'm hoping you'll take a look at my itinerary and let me know if there's anywhere I don't have there that I can't miss.  Keep in mind the following: a car's already been booked, the Fishers' Loft Inn (Port Rexton) has already been booked, and the conference is non-negotiable.  My Saturday, June 15 is really open, so any must-sees in St. John's would be great.

Thanks!!


~~
Friday, June 7
arrive in St. John's, meet K., have a nice dinner, relax

Saturday, June 8 - Monday, June 10
conference (which includes visit to The Rooms and a night out on George St.)

Tuesday, June 11
spend the day in St. John's with my friend T., do touristy stuff (Signal Hill), get screeched in if we haven't been already, have some delicious meals, etc.

Wednesday, June 12
pick up rental car, drive from St. John's to Port Rexton, check into inn (Fishers' Loft Inn), drive to Upper Amherst Cove, explore, drive back to Fishers' Loft, have dinner

Thursday, June 13
have breakfast at the inn, hike the Skerwink Trail, have lunch at Two Whales, drive back to St. John's, stopping through Heart's Desire and surrounding towns, having dinner somewhere, arrive back in St. John's late evening

Friday, June 14
wake up early and start driving at 6:30 am, drive to Cape St. Mary's, taking the coastal route (5 hours), visit the bird sanctuary, have lunch, drive back to St. John's and return car by 4:00, spend evening with K. in St. John's

Saturday, June 15
spend the day in St. John's and go on a whale & bird watching tour midday (booked with O'Brien's)

Sunday, June 16
last day, spend morning with K., flight departs at 3:00 pm

No comments:

Who's visiting?