Saturday, April 5, 2014

Weekend Round-Up

Hey y'all.  You all know how I love a Saturday at home with nothing to do but laze about, watch stuff, putter around, and drink coffee.  Fortunately for me, I've had that opportunity today.  I've been spending most weekends in Toronto since I moved to Waterloo and so there's something really relaxing and therapeutic about having the freedom to be in my own space on a weekend.  I miss my GF, but this is a happy alternative.  I mean, at this moment I'm blogging and listening to Beyonce in my underwear.  Heaven.

I don't have anything specific to discuss, so here's another round-up of what's tantalizing my five senses.

Beyonce
Obviously.  She really deserves her own post, and very likely will get one, but right now I just want to acknowledge how fully and completely I love her self-titled album.  Yes, I was a little tardy to the party by my bestie W's standards, but I got there and I'm partying hard with our girl B.  My singular favourite song changes by the day to some degree, but the top 5 (out of 14) audio tracks are: ***Flawless, Drunk In Love, Jealous, Partition, and XO.  It's just so damn good.  Beyonce consistently raises the bar.  She's in a category all her own.  I love her, she's so talented, she's so beautiful, she inspires me..... I... there are no more words.

Adore Delano
You may or may not know that the 6th season of "RuPaul's Drag Race" is currently on and I've really been enjoying it.  I joined in on watching RPDR during 4th season and having now seen all seasons, 4th is probably my favourite.  I liked some of the 5th season queens, but it wasn't as good a season overall.  6th on the other hand has really been delivering.  Queens are one minute your favourite and the next minute not serving it.  For example, I found Adore Delano really obnoxious and weird the first couple of episodes and then just as suddenly she's my favourite and I want her to win.  Don't get me wrong, she's not as polished a queen as others, but she is so entertaining and charming and funny and has charisma, uniqueness, nerve, and talent.  I can't wait to see what she does tomorrow night.

"Not A Bad Thing"
I always love what Justin Timberlake puts out and the two parts of "The 20/20 Experience" have been no exception.  However, I haven't listened to them the way I listened to "Justified" or certainly not "Beyonce".  That said, I love love LOVE the song "Not A Bad Thing" from Part 2.  I posted the video in my last blog post and I have been listening to the song on loop for a couple of weeks now.  I'm obsessed.  So good.

What else...

Let's leave it at that.

No comments:

Who's visiting?