Thursday, August 20, 2009

Still can't believe it...

Apparently it's the Year of the Ox.

I dunno, I'd say it's the Year of the Drizzy. Drake is still the number 1 MC on my mind. His rhymes are SO fresh and he has WAY more coming. It's crazy to me that this Degrassi graduate actually has street cred, but he DOES! I love him. It's jokes because being a former Degrassi student can be absolute murder to a career. Once a Degrassi student, always a Degrassi student...

Right Joey Jeremiah? Archie "Snake" Simpson? Caitlin Ryan? Christine "Spike" Nelson? And, of course, Mr. Raditch?


Right, Gravy (pardon the bad res on that photo, but you get the picture).

Anyway, what's even more jokes is that I've been in the same room as Drake before! I used to work at a toy store and he came in with his Mom once to buy a present. I remember seeing him and snickering because he was just NOT a celeb (just like the time I snickered when I saw Bram of Sharon, Lois, and Bram)!

Now he's this huge rapper who's apparently doing legendary things and changing the face of history... or at least the face of Rap/Hip-Hop/R&B history.

Regardless of all that - he's got some AMAZING tracks, and I'm proud of this native Torontonian. A Forest Hill-resident with street cred? I never thought I'd see the day...

No comments:

Who's visiting?