Monday, August 24, 2009

Sugar & Gravy & Life & Style

I bought a celebrity news magazine today for the first time in a while: "Life & Style". It was the first time in a while just because - not because I have any particular opposition to celeb gossip. I don't exactly frequent the hot celeb blogs (especially Perez Hilton's site, because I find him to be a total bugger - mainly because of http://twitter.com/PerezHilton), but I find the gossip interesting enough.

Anyway, I bought the mag, and here are some of my thoughts on its content.

#1: Jon & Kate Plus Drama
Whoa. I didn't see this coming. When I started watching the TLC show on occasion I thought it was cute and entertaining - especially the sextuplet with the glasses. Aaden? Adorable. Then all of a sudden these TLC parents are CELEBS?!? Gracing pretty much EVERY celeb mag cover with their presence?!? Seriously. Man, we are really scraping the bottom of the barrel for celebrities these days. The article was talking about how Jon is a dirtbag and a womanizer. Seriously? That tubby, earring-ed, receding hairline-d father of 8?!? What is the world coming to?


#2: Who wears it best?
This particular issue of "Life & Style" had one of those "Who wears it best?" sections - you know the one, Kristin Cavallari & Ciara are both wearing a Charley 5.0 mini and 56% of readers think Laguna's sweetheart wears it best. Legit. Here's the jokes part: one of the duos wearing the same outfit are Courtney Cox & GAYLE F**KING KING! Are you serious?!? Gayle King? Oprah's lover. Hysterical. Once again - what is the world coming to?!? Thankfully 89% think Monica wore it best. Who were the 11%?!?

#3: Ed Westwick & Jessica Szohr are a couple.
I didn't know. I am jealous of both of them.


That's all for now.

No comments:

Who's visiting?