Sunday, October 25, 2009

Compassion Awake

Some hot eats & cool treats to get things started!

Hot Eats = Best I Ever Had (Matamatics Remix) & Kids feat. MGMT by Chiddy Bang

Cool Treats = Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (Cover) by Greg Laswell, Use Somebody (DJ Slink Mix), and Ghosts N Stuff (Deadmau5 Cover) by Tits & Clits.

Next (and last) on the agenda -- charity, activism, and human rights.

I'm taking a course this term that is really getting under my skin & in my head... in a good way. Hell, in a GREAT way! It's about human rights and the representation of them in various forms of media. I think that's a pretty good way of explaining the course, at least. Anyway, we're reading some mind-blowing articles and books, watching some interesting docs, and generally immersing ourselves in the study of human rights and the violations of them - throughout history and NOW.

I'm getting pretty energized by this course. I wanna make changes, do my part, and not fall into "compassion fatigue".

I'm afraid that after this term ends and this course is over, that I won't continue to be energized by these issues...

...but being afraid is stupid, because if I truly want to make a difference, if I truly want to stay energized, and I don't want to become desensitized to human rights issues, then that is my choice.

I'll keep you posted on how I'm getting involved... because I will get involved.

No comments:

Who's visiting?