Saturday, April 3, 2010

Dear Hack Writer

Dear Willard Carroll,

Last night I watched a movie that you wrote and directed, called Playing By Heart. I'm at my parents' house for the weekend and they have this movie on VHS. It's not theirs, it's my sister's, but I digress...

There was a time in my teens when I thought this was a really top-notch movie. It has a lot of "stars", some "talent", and it also incorporates that thrilling thing that some movies do where all of the separate story lines of all the separate characters tie together in the end. I haven't watched this movie in years, so I recommended that my friends and I watch it last night.

Now, at the age of 22, I have learned something about your movie: it's not good.

Even if the actors were more talented, they've got nothing to work with! The writing is absolutely pathetic and I cringed more than I have at anything before in my life.

So, here's my advice to you: If you're still in the movie biz, stick to executive producing and stay away from writing. I saw that you executive produced The Brave Little Toaster. That movie's genius! Make a four-quel.

All the best,
Madam Gravy

No comments:

Who's visiting?