Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Ill Cow

I can't stop listening to it. I think it might mean that I like "21" even better than "19", which I think is becoming truer by the day. It's an amazing album, and my favourite at this point is one that wasn't even on my list before... it's called "One and Only", and the lyrics are beautiful, but my favourite part is the end when it gets all gospel-y. I love it!!! Play count is at 20. I'm obsessed.



In other music news, I was walking to work today and was listening to "Hold It Against Me", which is Britney Spears' new track. I'm so used to downloading remixes of songs that I forgot that this version was the original. That's why I was so surprised when the song suddenly goes all dubstep and auto-tune on me! Brit? Is that really you, girl?



I'm not hating on the new style though... not at all. Unlike what some people are tweeting, auto-tune is not about making your voice better, it's about modifying it to a different style, a more computer-generated one. I don't think that's trying to get out of really using your voice; I think it's about making your voice work with the rest of the track's sound, and I think it's popular these days to be electronic, dubstep-heavy, etc. So good on ya, Brit! Get with the times!

Lastly, chill out to a sound totally different from both of those tracks... I sang it with the choir I'm in yesterday morning, and I just love it.



Have a great day!!!

No comments:

Who's visiting?