Friday, January 28, 2011

21

Nearly done my first full listen of Adele's album "21". I know it seems like it's taken me forever to listen to it, but I've already found some faves that I've been playing on repeat.

Par exemple:
  1. "Rolling in the Deep" - but we already knew this. Play count = 37.
  2. "Rumour Has It" - so jazzy... Play count = 5 (in 3 days, let's remember).
  3. "Don't You Remember"
  4. "Set Fire to the Rain"
  5. "He Won't Go"
It's a struggle not to list every single track. It's that good. One thing of many that I like about Adele is that on each album, if I'm not mistaken, she has sung 1 cover. On "19" it was "Make You Feel My Love", originally by Bob Dylan, and on "21" it's Lovesong, by The Cure. I think that's super sweet. She's paying homage to an artist that has inspired her, and I also feel like it says, "I'm good, but there are other people that are good", you know? Anyway...

Listening to Adele this morning at work made me think of something... Being a musician is an interesting profession, especially when you're a song writer. How bold is it to write about yourself and your experiences, and then release them to the world to love? Food for thought...

No comments:

Who's visiting?