Thursday, January 27, 2011

1 month in... RC-3

Morning y'all! Just finished my first book of 2011, which is kinda sad because January's almost over. However, I've been busy with work this month, and I have 11 whole months left to read 19 books. NBD. So, this means that RC-3 (20 books in 2011) has begun. You may remember though that RC-2 has not yet been completed (the 2 challenges were sort of combined, so...

RC-3:
  1. Bel Canto by Ann Patchett

Reading Challenge #2:

  1. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
  2. Franny and Zooey by J.D. Salinger
  3. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
  4. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling
  5. By Nightfall by Michael Cunningham
  6. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling
  7. Bel Canto by Ann Patchett
I wonder what I'll read next. I can't read the 7th Harry Potter yet because my girlfriend's mum is reading it, so I think I'll read another one of the books that the nice woman lent me. She lent me By Nightfall and Bel Canto, so I imagine the other books are going to be just as good. We'll see!

As for Bel Canto by Ann Patchett, I suppose I should say a few words on it... I loved it. It was beautifully written, and whenever I had the opportunity to read for more than just 10 minutes, I got totally lost in it. Patchett is a great writer and the plot was just so unique and multi-faceted and incredible. There was a lot about love and music, but also language and communication was a big part of it, and then there was the whole hostage situation... Also, the ending was totally unexpected, but also not jarring. I totally enjoyed it!

On to the next one!

No comments:

Who's visiting?