Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Ear Candy & Eye Poo

What's the opposite of candy? Apparently poo.

Sugar & Gravy Movie Mania #6

I wanted to spend some time with my Mom this weekend, so she rented us a movie. We recently watched "Temple Grandin" together, which we LOVED, so we were hoping to replicate that experience. She rented us "Secretariat". I hadn't heard anything about it, so I was happy to give it a try.

I rarely see a movie I don't like. Or at least, there's not many movies I can't tolerate.

"Secretariat" was the worst movie I've ever seen. We (my Mom and I) decided to stick it out for the full thing, but the experience was only made fun by the continuous jabs my Mom and I made at the writers, director, cast, crew, and any single person involved with the making of this TERRIBLE, terrible movie. My Mom took no shame in tearing Diane Lane apart, for instance. It's true though... she really was terrible. Agh. Just a torturous movie watching experience.

I give it...
Rating = 0.5/5
...and that might actually be too generous.

In other news... "Temple Grandin". I'm not sure that I ever commented on this amazing film. Well I won't go into details, but I will say these few things:
  • Temple Grandin is an amazing, inspiring individual
  • Temple's story is incredible!
  • The writing, directing, and everything in between was top-notch
  • Claire Danes... I knew she could act, but she out-did herself as Temple. She showed incredible respect for the real Temple in her portrayal of her. I thought it was absolutely perfection.

So that was the Eye Poo... "Secretariat", obv, not TG.
Danes > Lane

As for the ear candy...

No comments:

Who's visiting?