Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Entourage: Concluded (and long overdue post)

Diligent Sugar & Gravy readers – I owe you a post. 16 days with no updates is absolute sacrilege, so without further ado…

A NEW POST!!!

I mentioned in my last post that I'd write about the series finale of "Entourage" slash the last season in general, which is good because I just re-watched the last ep, so it's once again fresh on my mind.

For those of you who don’t know, Entourage ran on HBO for 8 seasons.  Each season varied in length, but most fans (if not all) were pretty horrified to find out that the 8th and final season was going to be only 8 episodes long.  6th season, in my opinion was AMAZING, but 7th season was somewhat lackluster… not because there wasn’t enough going on, but just because it was hard to see the gang sort of independent from one another, never mind Vince going through a whole bunch of ups and downs (mostly downs), which was not so fun to witness.  However, I stayed optimistic and just hoped that 8th season would really deliver and wrap up the show in a neat little package, tied with a bow… you get what I’m saying.  So I guess the thought was, how are you going to do that in only 8 episodes?!

The truth is, in my opinion, that they rushed this season.  I don’t know why they had only 8 episodes, or whose decision that was, but it was a whole lot of stuff to happen in 8 episodes and felt unrealistic.

HOWEVER, in a superficial way, I was incredibly satisfied with how it all wrapped up, realistic or not.  What I wanted for the characters happened… I just wish that it had been in a more real way.  I mean, it’s not TV, right?  It’s HBO.  But it’s also not “Six Feet Under”, it’s “Entourage”.

As for the series finale itself?  It was a grand slam!  Once again, realistic or not, loose ends were tied, there was a happy ending, all characters ended up where they were supposed to, and it just felt good.  And I appreciate that.  Ari’s final scene in the office with the opera music playing?  BRILLIANT.  It was just wonderful!  Upon a second watching, I was moved to tears.  Bravo!!!

Then there’s the movie… well, it’s obviously not just a rumour because that little cliffhanger with Ari at the end is an opening if I’ve ever seen one.  I can’t wait to see the boys on the big screen.  Bring it on, and make it a damn good one!  I’d also love if they had Fergie sing the movie’s theme song… I’m not totally joking either.

No comments:

Who's visiting?