Monday, July 23, 2012

Discovering T.O. #8

Guess what?!  I got an apartment!!!  Yes, ma'am, I gave the super first and last and it's official: I will be moving into my 1-bedroom apartment on September 1st.  Closest intersection?  Yonge & Eglinton.  I'm a happy camper!

In other news, I continue to discover Toronto and love to tell you about it.  Here's what I did yesterday:

After a good night out in the Village on Saturday evening, a girl craves a delicious brunch, and that's what I got on Sunday at noon.  My GF & I had never been to Lady Marmalade in Leslieville, but she heard it was great, so we headed east to check it out.  It was as good as they say!  Very unique atmosphere, not too long a wait (but a long enough line that you know it's worth waiting), relatively quick and attentive service, and - the most important part - DELICIOUS food.  I checked in on FourSquare when I got there and many of the tips recommended the bacon, brie, and avocado eggs Benedict.  Being a huge eggs benny fan myself, I had to go with it, and it was divine!  It came with a small serving of potatoes and a delicious side salad.  I also discovered the merits of tomato juice as my beverage.  I really wanted a Caesar, but they weren't licensed, so I took a straight up TJ instead.  Yummy!  Would go back to LM in a second.

**Note: Lady Marmalade is cash only.

From there we headed to Cherry St. to the launch to the Royal Canadian Yacht Club to spend the afternoon on the island.  We wandered around the RCYC for a bit and then headed from there to Centre Island to do some exploring.  As we walked along to the "main drag", we saw tonnes of people on two-seated quadricycles peddling around.  It looked like so much fun and they all looked so happy, so we rushed to get our own.  For $17 you got the quadricycle for an hour, and it was just as fun to ride as it looked.  We biked for the full hour, sharing steering privileges and stopping once to get on some swings we drove by.  It was a blast!  I kept saying, it seemed like exactly the way a person is meant to spend a Sunday in the summer in Toronto.  Now that I'm officially a resident of the city, that's exactly what I want to be doing!!!  After biking, we went and dipped our feet into the wading pool/fountain, lay on the grass, climbed a tree, and then headed back to the clubhouse for a bite, which was perfect timing as it started pouring rain.  Around 5:30 we headed back to the mainland and wrapped up the night with some TV time.

Another fabulous time discovering T.O.

No comments:

Who's visiting?