Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Muskokes

Summer in Ontario doesn't quite feel like summer until I get to spend some time at a cottage.  I got my 24 hours in Sarnia, but it's not quite the same.  I just got back from 48 hours on Lake Rosseau in Muskoka and now I really feel like I've had that summer experience.  (Lucky for me I'll also get 48 hours in Southampton on Lake Huron next weekend!)

My 3 days in Muskoka were incredible!!!  My GF and I arrived there on Sunday around 1:00pm after the oh-so-necessary stop at Weber's on Highway 11.  My dad met us at the marina and off we drove to the cottage which is on an island I can't remember the name of.  My parents rented this cottage for about two weeks and I'm so glad I was able to spend some time there.  It's newly built and is that perfect combination of creature comforts and real cottage living.  Everything's very clean and new but also comfy and cozy.  There are tonnes of different spots to cuddle up and read, sit down and play cards, or lounge and get some sun.

During my 48 hours there I had 4 swims, 2 periods of lounging in the sun, 2 sleeps averaging 9 hours each, I finished 1 book (Mockingjay... which I've been reading for what feels like 2 years... more on that another time), played Gin Rummy twice, Boggle once, Dominion (new favourite game!) 3 times, ate 2 delicious dinners... the list goes on.

Needless to say, I enjoyed every moment, and was glad to have my first real cottage moment of the Summer of 2012.  More to come!!!

Currently reading... In One Person by John Irving
Posts to come... my thoughts on The Hunger Games trilogy / an update on rc-4 + my 3-year anniversary dinner at Yours Truly (Dundas & Ossington)

No comments:

Who's visiting?