Thursday, July 19, 2012

My 5 Favourite Foods

My friends and I had an impromptu session last week of naming our five favourite foods.


Here are mine:
  1. Thai red beef curry (there are so many versions that I love, but a memorable one comes from Thai Viet Restaurant in Waterloo)
  2. Guacamole (the best I've ever had [including Mexico City guacs] is from Frida on Eglinton West)
  3. Seafood pasta (Linguini di Mari from John's Italian Caffe in Baldwin Village & Spaghetti Positano from Roberto's [Yonge-Lawrence area], for example)
  4. Sushi from Niko Niko in Waterloo - sushi on its own is great and I have other preferred places, but nothing beats Niko
  5. The last food took some careful thought and deliberation, but I landed on something I make regularly myself: peeli daal.  My peeli daal - or should I say, my friend Waleed's peeli daal, a recipe which he passed on to me - is simple, fresh, delicious, and has become a total comfort food.

Bon appetit!!!

1 comment:

Brian said...

I'm surprised borscht didn't make the short list. Remind me to take you to the best Ukrainian resto in the world the next time you're in NYC.

Who's visiting?