Thursday, August 16, 2012

RC-4: Updated

I have been promising a full update on rc-4 a.k.a. Reading Challenge #4 in which I challenge myself to read 20 books in 2012.  Like it or not, the year is almost 2/3 over.  That makes me want to scream!  I mean, I'm fine with time passing just as quickly as it wants to, but it still comes as a surprise to know that... my France trip was nearly eight months ago... I've been in Toronto again for nearly two months... and that the time aspect of the reading challenge is 2/3 done while the reading aspect is not even 1/2 done.



BUT, that said, the reading challenge series was never meant to make me feel bad or guilty; it was always intended to encourage me to read more, and so even if I only make it to 10 books this year (50% of my goal), it's fine... as long as I'm reading.

So here's what I've read so far this year...

  1. What the Dog Saw by Malcolm Gladwell
  2. When You Are Engulfed in Flames by David Sedaris
  3. Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt
  4. Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris
  5. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
  6. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
  7. If You Have to Cry, Go Outside by Kelly Cutrone
  8. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
Currently reading: In One Person by John Irving (FANTASTIC so far!!!)
Posts to come: nothing on deck for y'all at this point, but surely I'll be posting soon!

Love,
Sugar & Gravy 

No comments:

Who's visiting?