Wednesday, October 23, 2013

A night off

I'm not a very important person, but my calendar tends to get pretty full on any given week.  One of my best friends in the whole world is visiting Toronto right now and so for his stay here, I booked off every evening so that I could hang out with him when he's free.  He's not free tonight, and neither is my girlfriend, so that means I've booked a night off for... myself.  It happened by accident, basically, but I am very happy with the consequences.

I work part-time from home, and part-time from my office at the organization I work for, which is located in Port Hope, Ontario; a little over an hour east of Toronto.  I lived here in Port Hope for two years, during which time I bought a car.  As such, I took my car in for oil changes and repairs at a local dealership, which I've become accustomed to.  I haven't had an evening after work in PH where I had time for an oil change for a while now, but I do tonight.  So once my workday is done, that'll be my first stop.

Then I can take a leisurely drive home.  Nothing to rush for, no errands to make... 

I made dinner for my girlfriend K. and I last night and there are leftovers.  So when I get home, there's no dinner to get right to cooking.  I'm going to change into comfy clothes, snuggle up with my cat, chill with my iPad, have some delicious leftovers, and maybe watch a little of "The West Wing" (my latest interest on Netflix).

Then I might even do a little work... sometimes I think of all the unpaid work I need to do but might not be appropriate to work on during the day.  Maybe I'll do a little of that tonight.

Maybe I'll clean my room, do the dishes, organize the DVDs, sort through my in-tray...

The possibilities... 

No comments:

Who's visiting?