Thursday, February 20, 2014

Things

I'm so close.

I have been living in an apartment with very few things for 20 days now.  I preface this by saying I am fully aware of my privilege, how fortunate I am, how much more I have than so many, etc.  I don't say this lightly, but I want to make it clear that I am aware.  That being said, this is my life, and I want to write about it, so there it is.

So I've been living in an apartment with very few things for 20 days now.  I have a coffee maker, Internet access, a big bed, and a patio table that serves as a kitchen table as well as a desk.  Very versatile!  However, the vast majority of my "things" are in Toronto at my apartment there, BUT Saturday is the big moving day.  Finally all my things, furniture, books, etc. will join Spoon (my cat) and I in Waterloo... everything but my girlfriend K., which is obviously a huge bummer, but she'll join us (not) soon enough, too.

My Mom is joining me on Saturday to coordinate the move, especially on the Waterloo end.  She loves organizing new apartments; arranging furniture, unpacking, etc.  I'm a lucky girl to have her help, and I think it'll actually be fun!

Then my Mom will stay overnight, we'll finish up the work, and then she'll leave Sunday afternoon.  I'm taking Monday off work and will spend those 36 or so hours enjoying my cat, my stuff, my new apartment, and my life in Waterloo.  It'll be nice to feel a little more settled.

Hopefully the next time you hear from me, it'll be from my desk in Waterloo!

Til then!

No comments:

Who's visiting?