Monday, February 10, 2014

W. and etc.

It's my friend W's birthday today.  He is one of my best friends in the whole entire world, and so I can't stop thinking about him today and wishing him all the best on his special day.

One of the things I love about W is his tendency towards the new, exciting, elaborate, and original!  I like to stick with things I'm comfortable with/used to a lot of the time, but W often takes me out of my comfort zone and introduces me to something new.  Case in point: his choice for birthday celebrations this weekend.  On Saturday night, my GF K. and I headed to Mississauga for some... ROLLERSKATING!!! 

Yes, W had us all join him at Scooter's Roller Palace in Mississauga, ON for a night of roller skating hilarity.  When imagining what decade I might've thrived in that I wasn't alive for, I've always imagined myself in the 70's.  Tall with a blonde 'fro, roller skating with grace and style on a Saturday night.  The reality was much different, but who cares about grace & style?!  I was there for pure fun, and it was!  We laughed, fell, wobbled along... It was hilarious and a great time!  I highly recommend it.

Currently reading... The 158-Pound Marriage by - my tied-for-favourite author - John Irving

No comments:

Who's visiting?