Monday, February 3, 2014

Week 3

I don't even know what to write about today, but I feel like writing...

I'm on Week 3 at the new job and I'm loving every minute of it.  It's very independent work, so I really have to plan and execute my own agenda on a daily basis.  I love that, but it can be a challenge when you're first starting out in a new position.  However, my strategy is to take that to mean a great deal of trust and respect for how I work and the work I do, and I would never abuse that.  If nobody's looking over your shoulder, you have to make an effort to put your work in front of them now and again just to show you're doing it. That's my approach, for what it's worth.

I'm also on Week 3 of living in Waterloo, though in a new capacity: I have my own apartment now!!!  Yes, my girlfriend K. and I got possession of the new place on Saturday and it's better than we remembered!  As I think I've mentioned, it will remain mostly empty until February 22nd when the full move from Toronto takes place, but it's off to a good start with Internet, a bed, and a coffee maker.  What else do you need?!  It was really nice to be able to wake up and go through my pre-work morning routine today without any obstacles.  I may be missing a few material items here and there... and a couch... and a TV... and a 1/4 cup measuring cup... but I'm managing just fine!

All for now!

Currently reading... The Devil Wears Prada

No comments:

Who's visiting?