Sunday, July 6, 2014

Sunday

I'm just having a really nice Sunday and I feel like posting about it / as a result.  Unfortunately my girlfriend K. is not here, because that'd be one thing that would make it better.  I dropped her off in Mississauga yesterday so she could head home to Toronto, spend two days with her family, and then go with them on a family vacation!  I stayed overnight in Mississauga with my bestie W. for around 24 hours.  We chilled, we ate, we watched "Joanna Lumley in the Land of the Northern Lights".  This morning, W's mom made us aloo paratha for breakfast.  I was in heaven.

Then I drove back to Waterloo.  The weather was perfect for a Sunday afternoon drive, and I had a great playlist to match.  I went straight to the gym upon getting here, and had an excellent work-out.  When I go to the gym, there's a number of forms my work-out might take.  Sometimes it's a quickie; in and out in about 30 minutes (save the shower for home).  Sometimes it's for a Body Pump class, in which case I'd warm up with 10-15 minutes of cardio and then do the class.  Today I had my medium-level luxury work-out: 10 minutes on the arc trainer, 20 minutes of strength training machines, 10 minutes on the treadmill, and then the luxury part -- long sauna, shower, and then 10 minutes or so on the massage chairs the gym has.  Who knew going to the gym could be such a rejuvenating part of a Sunday afternoon?!

That reminds me: yesterday (July 5th) marked 1 year since K. and I began our journey to better health and physical fitness.  As of July 5, I've lost a total of 47.6 lbs.  Even better, my lifestyle has changed completely and for the better.  I feel amazing!

After the gym, it was over to the grocery store.  You know when grocery shopping is the last thing you want to do, but you sense you'll want to do it even less tomorrow?  I'm glad I bit the bullet.  I also filled up my tank, took out some money at the bank, and got a drink at Starbucks.  A few errands and a treat, and then I was back home for the evening.  I'm here now with a beautiful breeze coming in through the patio door, my sweet cat Spoon nearby, and nothing to do for the rest of the day but relax, prepare for the week ahead, and enjoy myself.  That's why it's been such a nice Sunday.

No comments:

Who's visiting?