Saturday, July 12, 2014

This time I'm having a lovely Saturday

Again, my girlfriend K. is still on her family vacation, so it'd be better if she were here, but all in all - not too shabby (and it's only 3:40 pm).

I woke up around 8:00 after about 90 minutes of alarms that I snoozed through.  Why did I set my alarm for 6:30 on a Saturday morning?  Well, I had an ambitious intention to go really early to the farmer's market, but having gone to bed around 1:00 am, I felt totally fine forgetting that plan and "sleeping in" instead.

Upon waking, I made a pot of coffee and then puttered around tidying my apartment for a while.  My mom was coming for a visit and I wanted to make sure everything looked nice for her!  Then I made my smoothie and sat down to read, drink my smoothie, and start on coffee #1.  Then I moved to the couch to enjoy coffee #2 and some "Dawson's Creek".  I don't know why I chose DC but it hit the spot.  Showered, tidied some more, some more DC, some more coffee... then around 11:15 my mom arrived!

My mom and I really enjoy each other's company, but I think she likes visiting best when there's some way she can be useful.  In today's case, I needed her help hanging some art that needed to be exact and level.  She did a great job with it!  After that, we headed out for some lunch at an amazing Waterloo place called Famoso - a Neapolitan pizza place.  Delicious!

Then we walked across the street to Heel Boy, a shoe store, to buy some shoes for my bestie Mon's wedding next Saturday.  We found a perfect pair!  The only shoes I tried on.  Gotta love that!

Then we walked a few stores down to Honey Bake Shop for an afternoon treat.  Before we got back to the car, we stopped at a great independent bookstore in Waterloo called Words Worth Books where my mom bought a couple books by Mary Lawson.

Then back home for a cup of tea and our sweets from Honey, followed by a great conversation, and then off my mom went, home to Toronto.

What a charming Saturday visit in Waterloo!  I'm sure the rest of the night will be just as great!

No comments:

Who's visiting?