Thursday, January 22, 2015

1 weekend. 3 perfect restaurants.

I will blog more. And I will blog about things I used to like Discovering T.O. and restaurants.

Starting with a weekend I referenced in a recent post that I spent with my buddy K.E.S.P. I grew up in TO, she had spent some time living there, but we decided to do TO Sugar & Gravy's way. Of course that means that there was a lot of time spent eating at fave restos. They were:

#1: Dinner at Banjara
My GF K. and I ate at Banjara all the time when we lived at Yonge & Eg. It is excellent Indian food, but the best part of Banjara - for me - is the combo option. I'm used to getting the veggie combo because K. is vegetarian, and it's definitely the highest value option. For $10.99 before tax you get your choice of any veggie dish and then the combo includes: rice, naan, daal curry, aloo gobi, veggie pakora, and rice pudding! So much food, such a good price, so much deliciousness.

#2: Brunch at Fresh
You can find decent Indian in Waterloo, but you can't find anything like Fresh. KW people would freak if Fresh came here and I wish it would. But I make a point of going there in TO whenever I can. The brunch at Fresh is so awesome! I always get the full breakfast, which is basically a vegetarian (maybe even vegan) version of a classic diner breakfast: scrambled tofu with spinach (instead of eggs), baked beans, home fries, toast, and a choice of vegan sausage or tempeh bacon. Make sure you get their homemade hot sauce. Yum!

#3: Burger's Priest
This is where you go for a burger in TO. It's expensive, but it's perfection. I hear the veggie option (literally called "The Option") is great, but I've never had it. I usually have the blue cheeseburger and fries. The burger is just so simple, classic, and delicious. I love places with quirks and Burger's Priest's quirk is its Secret Menu. You have to answer a skill testing question to access it online. I recommend the Blue Steel. Shhh, it's a secret.

No comments:

Who's visiting?