Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Be it resolved that...

I'll continue to be healthy.

I've made a number of new year's resolutions this year, but nowhere does it say "lose weight" or "eat better". Those are two things that I don't need to do because (a) I really have no more weight I want to lose and (b) I already eat just fine! I do have health-related goals, but they're more specific.

Once again - I've said this before - it feels amazing to just be healthy. It's not something I need to do; it's what I already am. And that doesn't mean it doesn't take thought or effort, but it takes as much thought and effort as it takes to brush my teeth. It's part of my routine, and after about 18 months of being this way, I continue to feel inspired by the second-naturedness of it. More importantly, I continue to feel the incredible benefits: strength, better mental health, better sleeping, better fitness, better endurance, more confidence, etc., etc., etc.

So here's to 2015 and continuing the good habits I've already established!

No comments:

Who's visiting?