Friday, June 26, 2009

Jacko!

Not that I'm any famous blogger or anything, but I feel the need to blog about Michael Jackson. I refuse to reference it in my Twitter (https://twitter.com/maevaflave) or Facebook statuses because it's all been done, and plus - it's hard (for me) to say anything heartfelt in less than 140 characters.

Sidenote: I am NOT a Facebook/Twitter hater. I love new technology, and I'm completely self-obsessed, so I figure that everyone loves my statuses.

Anyway, back to Jack.

Firstly, an unreal pic is in order:


I don't know if I've mentioned it, but I love The Beatles, so seeing Sir Paul & MJ together, lookin' all stylish and musical genius-y makes me really happy.

MJ changed the face of music and its performance, let's be real. The music he made was new, fresh, and fierce. His dancing was the same, and he did it all SO. WELL.

I know he's done some crazy things, but you know what? Personal lives and professional lives are tied together far too much these days with celebrities. It used to be about the music back when MJ was doing his thang, so why can't it still be about that? I'm glad to see (so far) that people are celebrating his musical legacy, as opposed to harping on his mistakes, etc. I don't know what he did or didn't do in terms of all that, but I know that he changed our cultural world, and hope that we all focus on that.

RIP.

No comments:

Who's visiting?