Saturday, June 27, 2009

Pried

My mom's picking me up from KW in an hour to take me back to my home sweet home: Toronto, ON. I love Waterloo, and have definitely made a home for myself here. In fact, these past 2 months - working, partying, chilling - have been unreal. That being said though, T.O. is just such a sick city - I love the house that I grew up in, the neighbourhood I lived in, and my close proximity to downtown. It'll be good to rage there tonight.

It's also PRIDE Weekend, so I've gotta rep it. Let me let you in on a little secret though: I hate Pride. Perhaps hate is too strong a word, but I don't really care. I strongly dislike Pride. An introvert like me (believe it or not) has a tough time navigating Pride. So many people, so many possibilities, but worst of all - SO. MUCH. HYPE. ...and you know how I hate hype. And so many people come into the city to celebrate, which is awesome, don't get me wrong, but suddenly they all think they own the city. It's lame. Too many landespedes.

I do enjoy the celebration of being proud to be who you are though. I just celebrate my pride every day, so there being a weekend for it just seems a little redundant... but I know not everyone feels that way. I mean, it's a pretty spectacular week with a lot of cool events and all.

I'm not a pessimist either, it's just...

It's not my scene.

No comments:

Who's visiting?