Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Ark Aid Fye Her



My favourite band has always been The Beatles, and it still is. Their talent, influence, consistency, personality, story, and music in general is unparalleled. It's not as if there aren't bands who rival them, because there are, but the impact The Beatles had... you just can't compare.

That said, I don't listen to The Beatles on a daily basis. In fact, I can't remember the last time I put on a Beatles song on purpose. Lately, I don't listen to one artist... I don't listen to albums... I don't obsess over one band... I guess I've started approaching my music with the way I approach a lot of things now - in bite-sized amounts. A move to listen to just one song by one artist, and then another song by another artist, is akin to my move to write things in 140 characters or less.

Anyway, however it's happened, it's sort of a bummer... oh well...

The point of this musing is to mention that because it's been held in such high esteem since its release, I'm listening to the entirety (in order - that's important) of Arcade Fire's new album: "The Suburbs". I was really into "Neon Bible" a couple of summers ago, and I like Arcade Fire, so I'm pumped to be experiencing them in a new way again.

Verdict after 2.5 songs? I've GOT to listen to the rest. This album is effing amazing!!!

No comments:

Who's visiting?