Sunday, July 25, 2010

"What we do with the connections we make online after we close our laptops and turn off our smart phones"

I've talked about these two a bunch of times. I've been following them basically every step of the way - both in the literal and Twitteral sense - and I'm always excited to hear about their adventures, discoveries, and revelations. Here's a particular revelation that really stood out for me.
It is obvious to me now as I collect real-life relationships like souvenirs along the course of my travels, that the potential of social media lies in what we do with the connections we make online after we close our laptops and turn off our smart phones.
Isn't that beautiful? And it is the truth. I'm not a pessimist about social media. I don't think it makes true friendship fall apart. In fact, it keeps us more able to connect, and easier. Rather than moving somewhere leading to losses in friendships, it means I can always see what my friends are up to, and vice versa. It has changed things, sure, but I don't think in a negative way.

Anyway, check out Alex and Luke. They're great!

No comments:

Who's visiting?