I could go on and on about how fascinating Facebook is and how it's changed our world and the way we socialize, communicate, etc., etc., etc., but I won't. We all live it and know it and there won't be anything unique about the way I articulate it, so I'll avoid self-indulgence & pretension for once.
I'll just make a few small comments about the movie "The Social Network":
- I thought the writing was fabulous. It makes me want to get into "The West Wing" again.
- I thought the acting was really good, too. Justin Timberlake isn't a great actor, maybe, but they picked a good character for him to play... although as a sidenote, I heard (read in Vanity Fair) that Sean Parker isn't really that much like the character in the movie. That may or may not be true.
- I had no idea that Sean Parker (one of the guys behind Napster) was involved in the beginnings of Facebook. Was that news to anyone else?
- My parents really enjoyed the movie, too, but my dad said it took him a while to get into. I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that they don't have Facebook.
- Overall, definitely worth watching!