Tuesday, October 12, 2010

RC Continues

I know I said the Reading Challenge was concluded, but the truth is that I hope it's ongoing for the rest of my life. Regardless, I will continue to discuss the books that I'm reading (as I have been), how I like them, and what I'm doing to encourage/allow myself to read more.

Currently Reading:
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- I've got about 150 pages to go and I am just eating it up! How does J.K.R. do it? Her stories are so intricate and well thought out, and I love how much more substantial they get once Harry hits 4th year. Incredible! After this, 3 more to go!

Next:

  • Superfreakonomics - I got so into HP that I've neglected this book, but I've got 3 more weeks before it's due back at the library, so I have to read it soon!
  • Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - I'm obsessed with HP right now, so it's more likely that I crack this open before Superfreakonomics but I'll try to practice self control if I can. The books aren't going anywhere, but it might be hard to finish books 5, 6, and 7 before November 19th (when part 1 of the 7th movie comes out [5 weeks to go]). I'll try my best!!!
  • The Old Man and the Sea - This was on sale at Indigo and I felt the urge to buy it. It looks like a quick read and it's a classic, so I was sold! Plus, I feel embarrassed as an English major that I haven't read Hemingway, so this will be my start! I'm redeeming myself post-grad.

No comments:

Who's visiting?