Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Forbessss

I don't think I know very much about celebrities. I maybe know more than average... or maybe not... Anyway, I just looked at the Forbes Celebrity 100 and I was shocked (in some cases) about who was there.

I always forget about the huge celebrity of athletes. I also forget that athletes who are no longer playing in professional sports still have a huge impact - for example, Michael Jordan. I figured Jordan was set for life, but because I haven't seen him around much, I was surprised to see him on the Forbes 100. Then again - Air Jordans and all that stuff? I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.

There are also a lot of actors/actresses who play a more behind-the-scenes role these days - executive producing, writing, directing, etc. They're still raking in the dough, even if they're not in the limelight.

I also forget that just because I don't like the hype of a particular celebrity doesn't mean the hype isn't HUGE. Lady Gaga is #4. She's huge. I have to admit it. Forbes doesn't lie. I'm just... not into her.

No comments:

Who's visiting?