Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My Media

15-30 minutes and I'm already in withdrawal.

In TV: I finished season 2 of Sex and the City, which means since the summer's beginning I've watched season 6, 1, and 2 (in that order... I don't know why). I'm LOVING IT!!! but season 3 isn't done downloading yet, so what do I do? People always say, "Why do you download? Just stream it!" I'll be honest - that's not my style. I don't like searching through Megavideo and Yidio links trying to find something of quality. I like to wait it out and then have on-demand television (and not have to worry that pausing an episode will result in some buffering issue or something).

In movies: Speaking of SATC... I saw the movie. If I hadn't been on a SATC-watching marathon over the past 2 months, I wonder if I would've reacted differently to the movie. As it is, well... I actually don't know what to say. Overall? It was pretty bad, and I'm not saying that because of the "racism and stereotypes", because I haven't exactly wrapped my head around all that yet. It was because of the writing - it was BAD! I mean, the television show has many, many, MANY moments of bad writing, but those moments are offset by a lot of good quality stuff. The movie just didn't have that. The story was tired, the puns and quips were embarrassing, and even the acting was pretty bad. Never mind the fact that those women (except for Charlotte) are looking like hot messes these days. Glad I saw it, nonetheless.

In music: Die Antwoord. I'm all about them. They're sick. Check it!

No comments:

Who's visiting?