Thursday, June 10, 2010

Book Worms & Other Musings

Things I'm trying to do more of (and starting to succeed):
  • Eat meals at my kitchen table (versus sitting on the couch or at my desk).
  • Falling asleep without a TV show or a movie playing AND with my computer actually off.
  • Reading before bed (and in general).
  • Floss (you know this already).
That reminds me - I guess in a sense The Great Flossing Challenge is over. I used to have a chart on my bathroom wall with how many times I'd done it, but I took it down because now I don't have to see the chart in order to floss. I guess that means the Challenge was a success. YAY! I'll let you know how the next dentist visit goes. No more lying!

The reading challenge is going well, although I have to make myself finish one book before starting the next. I've got 3 books on the go right now:
  • Sex Drugs & Cocoa Puffs - Chuck Klosterman (nearly done)
  • Outliers - Malcolm Gladwell (about 1/3 to finish)
  • John - Cynthia Lennon (about 1/3 to go as well)
So I'm nearly done all of them, but I haven't finished any yet. Time to really get to it! Last night I got into my bed (so, SO comfy) and read for an hour and a half before falling asleep... AT 10:00 pm!!! WTF?! It felt so good though. I should try it more often.

By the way - John is such a good book. I don't know if it's ghost-written or not (I like to assume it's not and that Cynthia is a brilliant and glamorous woman), but whoever wrote it did an amazing job. The stories are fantastic and new and fresh - it's like she's filling in the gaps in between the stuff that those of us who are Lennon-obsessed already know.

Thoughts so far... John is much less cruel and disinterested as I might've thought. I figured he would've neglected Cynthia more than it appears he did. He's much more loving and tender and reassuring than I imagined. Then again, I haven't gotten to their separation...

No comments:

Who's visiting?