Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Whooopppaaaahhhh!

My thoughts about "Whip It"...
  • There was a really stellar cast. Especially Juliette Lewis. Why isn't she in movies more often?
  • Despite the stellar cast full of comediennes, it wasn't very funny.
  • It could've been called Juno 2. Ellen Page didn't really try something new.
  • It was clearly directed by Drew Barrymore. That is neither a compliment nor an insult.
  • It wasn't bad... it just wasn't very good.
  • It was kinda really corny.
  • There should've been a lesbian storyline.
  • Then again, there didn't really need to be when it was about a roller derby. The lesbian storyline is implied.
**EDIT: I loved that Alia Shawkat (i.e. Maeby Funke from "Arrested Development") played Juno's Ellen Page's best friend in the movie. She deserves more fun roles. Ooh, when I IMDB'd her I noticed she's in "The Runaways". I really need to see that movie. Any good?

No comments:

Who's visiting?