Tuesday, January 14, 2014

I came up with a legit resolution...

...and it is: to re-watch and re-read as little as possible!

Something you may or may not know about me is that I watch the same stuff over and over again, and that applies to a lesser degree to reading as well.  Rather than diving into new TV shows, which I find intimidating and overwhelming, I re-watch ones I've already seen.  Obviously this isn't all I do, but I do it a lot.  It's comfortable and relaxing to just let my mind focus very little on what's in front of me.

Comfortable and relaxing, maybe, but not extremely engaging, is it?  It's easy to just allow myself to do that, but it would really stretch my mind more if I made myself - and it will take a concerted effort - engage in new things.  I intend to do more than just watching new TV shows and movies, but this is one way to cultivate new interests and hobbies.

So, I intend to watch movies I've always meant to... like "Annie Hall", "Kramer vs. Kramer", and more!  Any time I sit down to watch a movie, I'll make an effort to try something new!

Brilliant.  Bring it on!

No comments:

Who's visiting?