Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Surprise Me

Note: If you're in a Starbucks, having an extremely productive kick, and it's later in the evening, and quiet at the bar, and you don't know what you want, ask for a recommendation.  I just went up to the counter and said I wanted something cold and caffeinated, but not too "coffee-ish" (I love coffee, but I've already had way too much today).  I was speaking to the cashier, but I saw the barista perk up and get really interested in what I was saying.  He went on to ask me a bunch of questions, and then said, "I got it!"  He didn't even tell me what I was getting, but just made me something.  I love it!  It's like telling a chef to surprise you at a restaurant... you're so likely to get the best meal you've ever had.

And for the record, this cool lime refresher is totally hitting the spot.

No comments:

Who's visiting?