Thursday, January 30, 2014

Women all behave like that

I have zero interest in being up at 1:50 am, but I can't fall asleep and so I thought a quick blog post might help me get sleepy.

I learned something about living in Waterloo today. Don't make plans in Toronto on a weekday evening. Lesson learned.  Before I got my new job and moved here, I had bought a ticket to see the opera on Wed Jan 29 @ 7:30 pm at the Four Seasons Centre in Toronto. Don't get me wrong, it was worth it to see Atom Egoyan's amazing interpretation of Cosi fan tutte but it ran 3 hours and 30 minutes, and then it took me at least 15 minutes to get out of the parking garage after, followed by a the drive back to Waterloo. Ugh. I'm exhausted... so exhausted I can't fall asleep.

The opera really was amazing though. I've actually seen this opera performed three separate times now, so I'm starting to feel pretty familiar with it.  I have fantasies that in my new apartment I'll spend evenings lying on the couch listening to Mozart operas with my cat.  Maybe that'll be the case, or maybe it'll be me on the couch watching Netflix. Who's to say?

Alright, c'mon sleep!

No comments:

Who's visiting?