Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Rush & Oscar-Worthiness

I've done it again!  Maybe the novelty will wear off soon and I'll stop posting about it every time I do it, but I can't make promises.

Do what, you ask?

Watch movies I've never seen!!!  There's nothing wrong with watching a movie on the couch with your girlfriend or friends every night, but the experience can be a truly engaging one if you indulge in something new.  So, as you know, that's what I'm doing.

Last night we watched "Rush".  I was pretty sure I wanted to see this movie from the moment I knew it was a Ron Howard-directed, human interest story, based on real events.  I mean, come on!!!  There was never a question that it would be up my alley.

And I thought it was amazing!!!  It's funny, because at this time of year you're hearing about and seeing a lot of Oscar-nominated films and "Rush" isn't one of them.  And honestly, while watching it, I could distinctly feel that.  Decent acting, but not great.  Good story, but not mind-blowing.  That being said, it was entertaining, and there's a lot to be said about that.

No comments:

Who's visiting?